At Body in Balance, we take pride in the fact that we have the only onsite Swimex 1000T multi-current pool in California. This is the pool that professional athletes use to recover faster from their injuries. Aquatic therapy with an experienced therapist is beneficial and often speeds recovery from a variety of injuries, including back and lower extremity issues and post-op procedures. You will be amazed at the benefits of the water when trained correctly and consistently by our therapists.
Our goal is to have you recover physically and mentally from your injuries as quickly as possible. With a soothing friendly atmosphere, you will feel both rejuvenated and relaxed while in the water. In addition, you will feel the challenge and see your condition improve, when working against the current.
Once you have reached your goals in our Aquatic Therapy and are confident with your exercise regimen, you can continue on your own in our Independent Pool Program. We want you to continue gaining strength and improving your condition or just maintain being active, as part of your lifestyle.
Who else can benefit?
Why Aquatic Physical Therapy?
Aquatic physical therapy in our Swimex T1000 helps:
- Decreased pain and guarding in warm water environment and promote relaxation/healing.
- Decreased swelling and increased venous return/circulation from hydrostatic pressure of water environment.
- Initiate therapy earlier post injury or as soon as 3 days post op. Function and mobility level is higher when progressing to land therapy.
- Gravity controlled environment allowing 0-90% WB post op LE injury progression allowing earlier initiation of therapy.
- Balance work, stability and strengthening against challenging variable resistant current.
- UE ROM assisted with buoyancy and can progress to very high-level full ROM strengthening activities.
- Early on cardiovascular conditioning motivates patients and promotes healing.
- Arthritic joints benefit from decreased joint compression and warm water environment during exercise.
- Multiple stabilization and high level progressive resistive exercises beneficial to all levels and types of injuries.
- Simulate work activities safely without stress and compression.
At Body in Balance Physical Therapy, we understand the importance of advancing patients as quickly as possible to their prior level of function and back to work. We feel the combination of aquatic physical therapy and on-land therapy is the ultimate way to rehabilitate.